If you are looking for the finished Geography textbook, BC in a Global Context, it is available in our open textbook library.
On June 9th, 2014 a group of educators and technologists gathered at the University of British Columbia with a unique challenge; create a first year university level Geography open textbook in just four days.
The collaborative authoring model is known as a book sprint. Inspired by code sprints from the software development world, the goal of a book sprint is to create a book from scratch in a very short time frame.
The event was facilitated by BookSprint, and organized by BCcampus.
For more information about book sprints and the event itself, take a look at these resources:
- The #bcbooksprint Twitter hashtag
- A Sprint Thru the Pages – CTLT UBC
- How to turn a great idea into a textbook in just 4 days – BCcampus
- Clint Lalonde (BCcampus): Reflections on an Open Textbook Sprint– OER Research HUB
- BCcampus and BookSprint Flickr accounts
- Live blog of the event: open.bccampus.ca/tag/booksprint