Note: This is not an active course. The course finished on February 6, 2015. The contents of the course and the archive of the weekly webinars will remain open and archived on P2Pu. To access the course, please visit adoptotb.com.
A FREE four-week long online workshop for anyone interested in open textbooks. This workshop includes BOTH asynchronous activities and synchronous webinars each week. This course will take about 4-5 hours each week to complete.
January 12 – February 6, 2015
The workshop is asynchronous so you can participate any time. We will schedule one synchronous session each week featuring a special guest. The time for each synchronous session will vary from week to week. However, these will be recorded so you can access them later.
- Week 1 (January 12-16): What is Open? What is an Open Textbook?
- Week 2 (January 19-23): Creative Commons Licenses
- Week 3 (January 26-30): Institutional Readiness
- Week 4 (February 2-6): Find, Evaluate and Modify Open Textbooks
These sessions will be facilitated by the B.C. Open Textbook Project team: Clint Lalonde, Amanda Coolidge and Lauri Aesoph
Who should participate?
- Do you have questions about open textbooks?
- Are you interested in providing students with quality resources to support their learning?
- Are you curious about what is involved in adopting an open textbook?
- Do you have expertise to share?