2015 Open Textbook Summit Call for Proposals
The 3rd annual Open Textbook Summit, is coming up May 28-29, 2015 in Vancouver, British Columbia (Canada). The Open Textbook Summit attracts a wide range of higher education participants including faculty, students, open educators, project staff, librarians, as well as government policy makers and institutional leaders.
For 2015, we are looking for presentations. All sessions will be 30 minutes in length and suggested topics include:
- Faculty experiences adopting, adapting or creating open textbooks
- Student advocates and students who have experienced open textbooks
- Open textbook project staff interested in sharing experiences and resources
- Government representatives who are, or are interested in, creating policy and establishing funding programs
- Librarians supporting open textbooks
- Open textbook research initiatives
- Open textbook peer review
- Institutional support for open textbook adoptions
- Technology to support the development and use of open textbooks
- Innovative pedagogical activities involving open textbooks and open pedagogy
Have you done work in any of these areas? If so, submit a proposal and connect with your open textbook colleagues in Vancouver, BC May 28-29, 2015.