Review an Open Textbook
BCcampus is looking for qualified textbook reviewers from British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and the Yukon to review existing open textbooks in the BC Open Textbook collection.
- Faculty from Manitoba, should visit openedmb.ca
Where appropriate, we are also asking faculty to consider adopting the textbook they review in their courses, should the textbook meet their need.
An honorarium of $250 will be provided to eligible and qualified individuals who complete, submit — and permit the open publication of the review — on an open textbook in the BC Open Textbook collection.
- Application form, including a list of existing open textbooks eligible for review.
- BC Open Textbooks Review Criteria (PDF).
Review and Selection Process
- Faculty who would like to review a textbook should be teaching in the subject area for the selected text.
- Reviewers should be teaching at a post-secondary institution in either British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, or the Yukon.
- Reviewers are willing to consider the adoption of the reviewed open textbook, providing its quality and contents are appropriate for their course.
Please note that in order to encourage a diversity of voices in the reviews, we limit the number of reviews per person to one.