Review a Textbook
Faculty interested in reviewing an open textbook should submit an application using the form below. Qualifications to become a reviewer include:
- Teaching in the subject area for the selected textbook
- Teaching at a post-secondary institution in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, or the Yukon
- Willingness to adopt the selected open textbook, should it be of quality, will be taken into account. If you adopt the textbook you review, please fill out our Adoption of an Open Textbook form.
To encourage diverse viewpoints in these reviews, each qualified instructor is restricted to one review.
- Faculty from Manitoba, should visit openedmb.ca
- Faculty from Ontario, should visit openlibrary.ecampusontario.ca
All reviews must be approved by BCcampus Open Education before they are posted and payment is made to the reviewer. See “Completed Review: Approval and Payment” on Review an Open Textbook.
The following textbooks are not open for review:
- College Physics
- Concepts of Biology
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Sociology
- Introductory Business Statistics: Tiemann
- Introductory Chemistry
- Introductory Statistics: Saylor
- Mastering Strategic Management
- Principles of Social Psychology
- Research Methods in Psychology
- Writing for Success