Find Open Textbooks
The Originals: Classic Readings in Western Philosophy
Description: It is important for students not only to get an appreciation and understanding of philosophy but also to be exposed to the very words and ideas of those who have shaped our thinking over the centuries. Accordingly, the title of this collection hints at the facts that these readings are from the original sources and that these philosophers were the originators of many of the issues we still discuss today. Major areas of philosophy covered here are: Ethics, Epistemology, Metaphysics, Philosophy of Religion, Ethics, Socio-Political Philosophy, and finally, Aesthetics.
Author: Edited by Jeff McLaughlin, Thompson Rivers University
Original source: opentextbc.ca
Adoption (faculty): Contact us if you are using this textbook in your course
Adaptations: Support for adapting an open textbook
Need help? Visit our Help page for FAQ and helpdesk assistance.
Accessibility: Textbooks flagged as accessible meet the criteria noted on the Accessibility Checklist.
- WEBSITE Read this book online
- DOWNLOAD Print PDF (.pdf) (3 MB)
- DOWNLOAD Digital PDF (.pdf) (3 MB)
- DOWNLOAD eReader (.epub) (3 MB)
- DOWNLOAD Kindle (.mobi) (7 MB)
- PRINT Buy a print copy
- DOWNLOAD EDITABLE: WordPress file (vanilla.xml) (1 MB)
- DOWNLOAD EDITABLE: Pressbooks file (.xml) (2 MB)
- DOWNLOAD EDITABLE: .html file (1 MB)
- DOWNLOAD EDITABLE: Open Document Text file (.odt) (2 MB)
The Originals: Classic Readings in Western Philosophy by Edited by Jeff McLaughlin, Thompson Rivers University is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.
There are currently no reviews for this book.
Be the first to Review this book