Find Open Textbooks
Description: This is a calculus-based book meant for the first semester of a first year survey course taken by engineering and physical science majors. It has a traditional order of topics whereby force is discussed before energy. It is divided into 17 chapters that cover a review of high school physics, scaling and estimation, vectors, velocity, acceleration, forces, circular motion, gravity, conservation of energy, work, conservation of momentum and angular momentum, vibrations, and resonance. A treatment of relativity is interspersed with the Newtonian mechanics, in optional sections.
Author: Ben Crowell, Fullerton College
Adoptions (faculty): Contact us if you are using this textbook in your course
Adaptations: Support for adapting an open textbook
- PRINT Buy a print copy: U.S.
- WEBSITE Student Resource: Solutions to chapter problems
- WEBSITE Instructor Resource: Learning logs
- WEBSITE Read book online
- DOWNLOAD Print (.pdf) (33 MB)
- PRINT Buy a print copy: Cdn
- WEBSITE Instructor Resource: Learning evaluation (0.42 MB)
- WEBSITE Student Resource: Tutorials (64 MB)
Mechanics by Ben Crowell, Fullerton College is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.
There are currently no reviews for this book.
Be the first to Review this book