Find Open Textbooks
Line C: Tools and Equipment Competency C-2: Describe Common Power Tools and Their Uses
Description: Power tools play a major role in virtually every trade. You will be expected to be familiar with a wide range of portable and stationary power tools and to understand the safe operation of these tools. Proper maintenance improves the life and performance of the tool. Correct set-up and operating procedures ensure good results and prevent injury. The following list of lines and competencies was generated with the goal of creating an entry-level trades training resource, while still offering the flexibility for lines to be used as stand-alone books. Line C – Tools and Equipment. C-1 Describe Common Hand Tools and Their Uses, C-2 Describe Common Power Tools and Their Uses, C-3 Describe Rigging and Hoisting Equipment, C-4 Describe Ladders and Platforms. Special thanks to CAPER-BC (https://caperbc.ca/) for creating the audio recording for each Competency.
Author: Camosun College
Adoption (faculty): Contact us if you are using this textbook in your course
Adaptations: Support for adapting an open textbook
- PRINT Buy a print copy
- DOWNLOAD Print (.pdf) (26 MB)
- DOWNLOAD eReader (.epub) (11 MB)
- DOWNLOAD EDITABLE: Word file (.docx) (11 MB)
- WEBSITE Student Resource: Self Tests (RTF format) (0.06 MB)
- WEBSITE Student Resources: Audio file (15 MB)
- WEBSITE Student Resources: Video (119 MB)
- WEBSITE Student Resource: Self Tests (QTI format) (0.02 MB)
- DOWNLOAD EDITALBE: .html files (4 MB)
- WEBSITE Student Resource: Self Tests (Blackboard format) (0.03 MB)
- WEBSITE Student Resource: Self Tests (D2L format) (0.03 MB)
- WEBSITE Student Resource: Self Tests (Respondus format) (0.02 MB)
Line C: Tools and Equipment Competency C-2: Describe Common Power Tools and Their Uses by Camosun College is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.
There are currently no reviews for this book.
Be the first to Review this book