Find Open Textbooks
In the Workplace: An Intermediate Integrated Skills Textbook
Description: This is an English language skills textbook to help ESL students acquire communication skills in the workplace (listening, speaking, reading, and writing). The book is aimed at Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) levels 5/6, focusing on intercultural skills and essential skills: reading text, document use, writing, oral communication, thinking skills, working with others, and computer use. The digital PDF file can be printed or used from a computer. All of the multimedia files can be accessed from the PDF if there is internet access. For offline use, the video and audio files can be downloaded below.
Author: Bow Valley College
Original source: centre.bowvalleycollege.ca
Adoption (faculty): Contact us if you are using this textbook in your course
Adaptations: Support for adapting an open textbook
Need help? Visit our Help page for FAQ and helpdesk assistance.
Accessibility: Textbooks flagged as accessible meet the criteria noted on the Accessibility Checklist.
- WEBSITE FIND: In the Community: An Intermediate Integrated Skills Textbook
- WEBSITE Read this book online
- WEBSITE Instructor Resource: Guide (5 MB)
- DOWNLOAD Digital PDF (.pdf) (22 MB)
- PRINT Buy a print copy
- DOWNLOAD EDITABLE: Word files (.docx) (67 MB)
- WEBSITE Student Resource: Video files (142 MB)
- WEBSITE Instructor Resource: Worksheets (2 MB)
- WEBSITE Student Resource: Audio files (159 MB)
In the Workplace: An Intermediate Integrated Skills Textbook by Bow Valley College is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.
There are currently no reviews for this book.
Be the first to Review this book