Find Open Textbooks
Introduction to Financial Accounting - Third Edition
Description: Based on International Financial Reporting Standards, this textbook was written by David Annand, EdD, MBA, CPA, CA, a Professor of Accounting in the Faculty of Business at Athabasca University. To accompany the textbook are multiple ancillary resources, including a student solutions manual and workbook. The textbook and solutions manual are also available as a combined PDF file for onscreen viewing. The material is fully bookmarked, and questions are hyper-linked to related solutions. In addition, there are randomly-generated Excel problems at the end of each chapter that cover key concepts and provide unlimited practice and feedback. Instructor resources include an assignment and exam bank, and PowerPoint slides. The textbook, solutions manual, and student workbook are all available in .docx format for instructors to customize if desired. A comprehensive, end-of-term case is also available. This requires students to prepare 18 different year-end adjusting entries and all four types of financial statements, and calculation and analysis of 16 different financial statement ratios. Tailored solutions are provided for instructors. An example is included on this webpage. Unique versions can be created for any number of individual students or groups. This case, and the assignment and exam bank are available upon request to email@example.com.
Author: David Annand, Athabasca University
Original source: business.athabascau.ca
Adoptions (faculty): Contact us if you are using this textbook in your course
Adaptations: Support for adapting an open textbook
- WEBSITE Instructor Resources - Exam Bank, Instructor Solutions Manual, and End-of-course Assignment Solution (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- DOWNLOAD Instructor Resource - End-of-course Assignment (.pdf) (0.33 MB)
- DOWNLOAD Student Workbook (.pdf) (1 MB)
- WEBSITE FIND: Introduction to Financial Accounting - First US Edition
- DOWNLOAD Textbook (.pdf) (3 MB)
- WEBSITE E-Textbook with Excel Exercises and Solutions Manual (6 MB)
- DOWNLOAD Student Solutions Manual (.pdf) (2 MB)
- PRINT Buy a print copy: Student Workbook
- PRINT Buy a print copy: Student Solutions Manual
- PRINT Buy a print copy: Textbook
- WEBSITE Versioning History (0.02 MB)
- WEBSITE Reviews for the second edition (0.17 MB)
- DOWNLOAD ALL EDITABLE FILES: Word (.docx) (8 MB)
- WEBSITE Instructor Resource: PowerPoint Slides (12 MB)
Introduction to Financial Accounting - Third Edition by David Annand, Athabasca University is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.
There are currently no reviews for this book.
Be the first to Review this book