Find Open Textbooks
Essentials of Linguistics
Description: This Open Educational Resource (OER) brings together Open Access content from around the web and enhances it with dynamic video lectures about the core areas of theoretical linguistics (phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, and semantics), supplemented with discussion of psycholinguistic and neurolinguistic findings. Essentials of Linguistics is suitable for any beginning learner of linguistics but is primarily aimed at the Canadian learner, focusing on Canadian English for learning phonetic transcription, and discussing the status of Indigenous languages in Canada. Drawing on best practices for instructional design, Essentials of Linguistics is suitable for blended classes, traditional lecture classes, and for self-directed learning. No prior knowledge of linguistics is required.
Author: Catherine Anderson, McMaster University
Original source: ecampusontario.pressbooks.pub
Adoptions: Tell us you are using this Open Textbook
Adaptations: Support for adapting an open textbook
Need help? Visit our help page
- WEBSITE Read this book online
- DOWNLOAD Print PDF (.pdf) (27 MB)
- DOWNLOAD Digital PDF (.pdf) (3 MB)
- DOWNLOAD eReader (.epub) (3 MB)
- DOWNLOAD Kindle (.mobi) (8 MB)
- PRINT Buy a print copy
- DOWNLOAD EDITABLE: WordPress file (vanilla.xml) (0.92 MB)
- DOWNLOAD EDITABLE: Pressbooks file (.xml) (0.96 MB)
- DOWNLOAD EDITABLE: .html file (0.68 MB)
- DOWNLOAD EDITABLE: Open Document Text file (.odt) (3 MB)
Essentials of Linguistics by Catherine Anderson, McMaster University is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.
There are currently no reviews for this book.
Be the first to Review this book