BCcampus hosts mailing lists (listservs) to support B.C. post-secondary institutions that want to take the next step toward building an open educational community in their institution. These lists can be used to share information within an institution about open education news, events, and resources.
These listservs are meant to bring all faculty and staff who are interested in open educational practices in an institution together to share information and resources, those who have attended an open education workshop, conference, or other events, or those who are showing interest in learning more about open educational resources (OER).
Participants are free to use these listservs to disseminate their own open education information and news, or to ask colleagues for assistance with open educational issues. For instance:
- Looking for an open textbook in your subject area? Ask your colleagues for ideas.
- Wondering how to use Pressbooks or create an open textbook adaptation? Use this listserv to find out who has this expertise at your institution.
We host listservs for the following institutions:
- British Columbia Institute of Technology. For more information, contact Lin Brander (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Rosario Passos (email@example.com).
- Capilano University. For more information, contact Laura MacKay (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Douglas College. For more information, contact Debra Flewelling (email@example.com).
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University. For more information, contact Rajiv Jhangiani (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Set up a listserv at your institution
To set up a listserv at your institution, contact us.