Find Open Textbooks
Description: Published by OpenStax College, Chemistry is designed for the two-semester general chemistry course. For many students, this course provides the foundation to a career in chemistry, while for others, this may be their only college-level science course. As such, this textbook provides an important opportunity for students to learn the core concepts of chemistry and understand how those concepts apply to their lives and the world around them. The text has been developed to meet the scope and sequence of most general chemistry courses. At the same time, the book includes a number of innovative features designed to enhance student learning. A strength of Chemistry is that instructors can customize the book, adapting it to the approach that works best in their classroom.
Author: Paul Flowers, PhD, University of North Carolina - Pembroke, Klaus Theopold, PhD, University of Delaware, Richard Langley, PhD, Stephen F. Austin State University
Adoptions (faculty): Contact us if you are using this textbook in your course
Adaptations: Support for adapting an open textbook
- WEBSITE Read this book online: OpenStax
- WEBSITE Instructor Resources
- PRINT Buy a print copy (U.S.)
- DOWNLOAD eReader (.epub) (283 MB)
- DOWNLOAD EDITABLE: .html file (308 MB)
- WEBSITE Instructor Resource: Chemistry Course I
- WEBSITE Instructor Resource: Chemistry Course II
- WEBSITE Read this book online: BCcampus
- WEBSITE Student Resources
- DOWNLOAD Print (.pdf) (42 MB)
- PRINT Buy a print copy - 2 book set (Cdn)
- DOWNLOAD EDITABLE: Pressbooks file (.xml) (9 MB)
- DOWNLOAD EDITABLE: WordPress file (vanilla.xml) (8 MB)
Chemistry: OpenStax by Paul Flowers, PhD, University of North Carolina - Pembroke, Klaus Theopold, PhD, University of Delaware, Richard Langley, PhD, Stephen F. Austin State University is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.
There are currently no reviews for this book.
Be the first to Review this book