Search our collection of open textbooks for a peer-reviewed book in your discipline. Hundreds of B.C. Faculty are learning how to customize open textbooks that also save their students money. See the Resources and Contact dropdown links above for help.
Let us know if you have adopted an open textbook. Or, if you are looking for resources on how to adopt a textbook, we have some resources to help.
Take advantage of the open textbook Creative Commons license and customize an open textbook to fit your specific needs. See Support for Adapting an Open Textbook for a list of resources to help you modify an existing open textbook.
- Student Savings: $4,058,845 - $4,586,552
- Adoptions: 1301
- Participating Institutions: 34
New Open Textbook: Human Resources in the Food Service and Hospitality Industry
We are very happy to announce the release of a new open textbook, with significant contributions from post-secondary faculty in British Columbia. Food Safety, Sanitation, and Personal Hygiene is one of a series of Culinary Arts open textbooks developed to support the training of students and apprentices in British Columbia’s foodservice and hospitality industry. Although created with the Professional Cook, Baker and Meatcutter programs in mind, these have been designed as a modular series, and therefore can be used to support a wide variety of programs that offer training in foodservice skills. Other books in the series include: Workplace Safety Employability Skills Kitchen Management Meat […]
- Welcome to a society for free software advocates, supporting the ethical cause of computer user freedom! | Free Software Foundation
- Open Pedagogy: Connection, Community, and Transparency -- Campus Technology
- The Platform Cooperatives Movement Helps Light up the Commons - Creative Commons
- How Scientific Peer Review Works | HowStuffWorks