Find Open Textbooks
Line C: Tools and Equipment Competency C-4: Describe Ladders and Work Platforms
Description: In this Competency you will learn about some of the common equipment used for performing work at elevated locations. The safe use of ladders and scaffolds is required in all types of jobs. A safely built scaffold provides a stable platform for workers to complete their work. The Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Regulation has set minimum standards for erecting and using ladders and work platforms.The following list of lines and competencies was generated with the goal of creating an entry-level trades training resource, while still offering the flexibility for lines to be used as stand-alone books. Line C – Tools and Equipment. C-1 Describe Common Hand Tools and Their Uses, C-2 Describe Common Power Tools and Their Uses, C-3 Describe Rigging and Hoisting Equipment, C-4 Describe Ladders and Platforms. Special thanks to CAPER-BC (https://caperbc.ca/) for creating the audio recording for each Competency.
Author: Camosun College
Adoptions (faculty): Contact us if you are using this textbook in your course
Adaptations: Support for adapting an open textbook
- PRINT Buy a print copy
- WEBSITE Student Resource: Videos (YouTube)
- WEBSITE Student Resource: Videos (editable files)
- WEBSITE Interactive Exercise: Scaffolding
- DOWNLOAD Print (.pdf) (9 MB)
- DOWNLOAD eReader (.epub) (9 MB)
- DOWNLOAD C4 Describe Ladders and Work Platforms.docx (7 MB)
- DOWNLOAD EDITABLE: .html files (2 MB)
- WEBSITE Student Resource: Audio file (15 MB)
- DOWNLOAD Student Resources: Self Test Files (.zip) (0.04 MB)
Line C: Tools and Equipment Competency C-4: Describe Ladders and Work Platforms by Camosun College is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.
There are currently no reviews for this book.
Be the first to Review this book