Find Open Textbooks
Line D: Organizational Skills Competency D-3: Read Drawings and Specifications
Description: Some of the most important documents used in the workplace are the technical drawings, diagrams, and schematics that specify how fabrication and construction tasks will be carried out, or describe the composition and assembly of equipment. One of the essential skills for anyone involved in a trade is the ability to correctly interpret drawings. If you are in a construction or fabrication industry, you will need to be able to examine a drawing, take information from it, and visualize the finished product. If you are in a service or maintenance industry, you will need to interpret exploded drawings in order to properly repair or assemble equipment. The following list of lines and competencies was generated with the goal of creating an entry-level trades training resource, while still offering the flexibility for lines to be used as stand-alone books. Line D – Organizational Skills. D-1 Solve Trades Mathematical Problems, D-2 Apply Science Concepts to Trades Applications, D-3 Read Drawings and Specifications, D-4 Use Codes, Regulations, and Standards, D-5 Use Manufacturer and Supplier Documentation, D-6 Plan Projects. Special thanks to CAPER-BC (https://caperbc.ca/) for creating the audio recording for each Competency.
Author: Camosun College
Adoptions (faculty): Contact us if you are using this textbook in your course
Adaptations: Support for adapting an open textbook
- PRINT Buy a print copy
- WEBSITE Video: Isometric Views
- WEBSITE Video: Compass Uses Perpendicular and Parallel Lines
- WEBSITE Video: Compass Use Angle Bisection and Transfer
- WEBSITE Video: Compass Bisecting Lines and Arcs
- DOWNLOAD Print (.pdf) (9 MB)
- DOWNLOAD eReader (.epub) (8 MB)
- DOWNLOAD EDITABLE: Word file (.docx) (17 MB)
- DOWNLOAD EDITABLE: .html files (2 MB)
- WEBSITE Student Resource: Audio file (23 MB)
- DOWNLOAD Student Resource: Self Test Files (.zip) (0.99 MB)
Line D: Organizational Skills Competency D-3: Read Drawings and Specifications by Camosun College is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.
There are currently no reviews for this book.
Be the first to Review this book