Find Open Textbooks
BC Reads: Adult Literacy Fundamental English - Course Pack 2
Description: This course pack is designed to meet the learning outcomes for Adult Literacy Fundamental English Level 2 (roughly equivalent to grades 1.5 to 3 in the K-12 system). Every of the eight chapters includes a level-appropriate, high-interest reading of approximately 200 words. The readings are freely available in a separate reader with convenient links to the readings in each chapter of this course pack. The online version of this course pack also contains audio recordings of each story in the reader. These recordings, combined with vocabulary and word pattern exercises, prepare the Level 2 student to read each chapter with greater independence. Font size and line spacing can be adjusted in the online view, and have been enhanced for the print and PDF versions for easier reading. This course pack has been reviewed by subject experts from colleges and universities.
Author: Shantel Ivits, Vancouver Community College
Original source: opentextbc.ca
Adoptions (faculty): Contact us if you are using this textbook in your course
Adaptations: Support for adapting an open textbook
- WEBSITE Read this book online
- WEBSITE FIND Reader 2
- WEBSITE Student Resource: Practice exercises (UVic)
- WEBSITE CLONE this book
- DOWNLOAD Print PDF (.pdf) (38 MB)
- WEBSITE Versioning History
- DOWNLOAD Digital PDF (.pdf) (5 MB)
- DOWNLOAD eReader (.epub) (8 MB)
- DOWNLOAD Kindle (.mobi) (13 MB)
- PRINT Buy a print copy
- DOWNLOAD EDITABLE: Pressbooks file (.xml) (0.81 MB)
- DOWNLOAD EDITABLE: WordPress file (vanilla.xml) (0.31 MB)
- DOWNLOAD EDITABLE: .html file (0.32 MB)
- DOWNLOAD EDITABLE: Open Document Text file (.odt) (1 MB)
BC Reads: Adult Literacy Fundamental English - Course Pack 2 by Shantel Ivits, Vancouver Community College is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.
There are currently no reviews for this book.
Be the first to Review this book