Find Open Textbooks
Faculty OER Toolkit
Description: The Faculty OER Toolkit is intended as an introductory guide for faculty interested in incorporating Open Educational Resources (OER) into their teaching practice. Beginning with a definition of OER, reasons to use OER, and online collections of OER to use, the Toolkit also covers basic information about adapting, adopting, and evaluating OER. Additionally, there is information about licensing and copyright, including an explanation of Creative Commons licenses and attribution statements. Throughout the Toolkit, links are provided to more in-depth resources on topics including adopting open textbooks, adapting open textbooks, and ensuring OER are truly accessible for all users.
Author: Shannon Moist, SFU
Original source: pressbooks.bccampus.ca
Adoption (faculty): Contact us if you are using this textbook in your course
Adaptations: Support for adapting an open textbook
Need help? Visit our Help page for FAQ and helpdesk assistance.
Accessibility: Textbooks flagged as accessible meet the criteria noted on the Accessibility Checklist.
- WEBSITE Read this book online
- DOWNLOAD Print PDF (.pdf) (11 MB)
- DOWNLOAD Digital PDF (.pdf) (4 MB)
- DOWNLOAD eReader (.epub) (3 MB)
- DOWNLOAD Kindle (.mobi) (6 MB)
- DOWNLOAD EDITABLE: Pressbooks file (.xml) (0.19 MB)
- DOWNLOAD EDITABLE: WordPress file (.vanilla.xml) (0.16 MB)
- DOWNLOAD EDITABLE: .html file (0.07 MB)
- DOWNLOAD EDITABLE: Open Document Text file (.odt) (5 MB)
Faculty OER Toolkit by Shannon Moist, SFU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.
There are currently no reviews for this book.
Be the first to Review this book