Suggestion for the Collection
The BCcampus Open Education team welcomes submissions from post-secondary faculty and staff for proposed new open textbooks for the BC Open Textbook Collection. Our continuing goal is to build a balanced collection that includes material that cover as many subject areas, course levels, programs, and faculty/institutional needs as possible.
To submit a suggestion, begin by reviewing the below checklist to ensure that your item meets the minimum requirements. This list is following by a submission form.
Resource refers to an open textbook or ancillary materials.
- Resource is released with an open copyright license (Creative Commons) or in the Public Domain.
- Resource has been copy edited.
- Resource must include at least one editable file. See examples below.
- HTML files
- Open Document Text (.odt) or Word file (.doc or .docx)
- ePUB file
- Pressbooks or WordPress XML files
- Video or audio resource must include editable files.
- Textbook must be organized into chapters and include:
- table of contents
- chapter learning outcomes
- learning activities
Highly recommended but not required
- Textbook is online.
- Textbook is available in at least two different file types.
- Content is Canadian based.
Optional but preferred
- Resource includes two or more editable files.
- Textbook includes interactive objects or videos. Editable files are available for all objects.
- When submitting a textbook, there are available ancillary resources.
- Textbook meets the BCcampus accessibility criteria.