The following publications are open educational resources (OER) that educate faculty, staff, and students on many aspects of open education.
Learn how to choose an open textbook, adopt it for the classroom, and make print copies available for students. You will also find information about open educational practices for trades instruction.
- Adoption Guide – 2nd Edition
- Print-on-Demand Guide
- OER Toolkit for Trades Instructors
- Open Pedagogy in the Trades
These resources will help you create, adapt, and share OER. Read for practical advice and tutorials on how to create and publish OER in Pressbooks, make OER more accessible, and modify existing OER.
- Accessibility Toolkit – 2nd Edition / CB Trousse d’outils d’accessibilité pour les manuels scolaires ouverts
- Adaptation Guide
- Getting Started: OER Publishing at BCcampus
- Pressbooks Guide
- Self-Publishing Guide
Advocate for OER
Whether you are a student, instructor, or staff member, you will find advice in these resources on how to advocate for and promote open education at your institution.
These directories provide links to open education projects, resources, news, and research.
- Information Directory: contains blogs, books, news, and research about open education in Canada and beyond
- OER by Discipline Directory: lists OER by subject area that are not included in the B.C. Open Collection
- Post-Secondary Directory: highlights work in open education at each post-secondary institution in B.C.
- Virtual Lab and Science Resource Directory: links to digital science activities that can potentially work as labs in distance learning